Monday, 9 May 2011

Assignment #4 - Visualization / Setting

Imagine you are the main character in the novel. Describe the setting and your surroundings given what you know about the story.  Be as descriptive as possible (use lots of adjectives when appropriate) and use transition words.

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the slightly dirty, but still comforting sights of my own home. I look around at the table and see Darry busy stuffing his face with chocolate cake. Also, I see Sodapop staring off into space, no doubt thinking of his girlfriend who has gone off to California. It is a lazy Saturday morning, and the light streams in from the slightly dirty windows. Two-Bit is napping on the couch, and the front door is slightly ajar, and I'm guessing that was Two-Bit's fault. I idly think about Johnny, and I wonder if he's happy now. The thought suddenly comes to me that we should really clean up soon. I smell alcohol when I walk by Two-Bit. He must have passed out drunk, and I realize that there's a bottle of beer still in his hand. The guy must have had a rough night. Ah well. Just another day in the life of Ponyboy Curtis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Katniss - Why did you delete your post?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cough and open my eyes. I see the terrifying colours of yellow, red and orange as they circle around me beconing death. I feel the suffocating heat from the fire as my throat fells as if its on fire. My need for water becomes greater as I struggle through the church trying to find the lost children. I hear to give away above our heads. I smell the smoke the CRACK and CRASH of wood as the roof starts and think back to the good old days with Two-Bit and his cigarette. My lunds feel as if thay can take no more and suddenly I start to wonder if it was a good idea to have run in here anyway. I push aside that thought and keep running wondering if I will ever see Soda and the rast of my friends again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see Darry stepping under the bright street lamp as I hear him yell "I'll take on anyone!" Then quick asa blink a soc rushes up and punches him right in the jaw. Then the rumble begins there are greasers and socs left and right, I go for a medium sized soc and jump on his back I start pulling his hair. But then he throws me off is back and kicks me in the face,next Darry sees him and takes care of him for me. Then Dally comes in amd start beating up another soc and I say "Weren't you at the hospital with Johnny?" Dally yells "Couldn't miss a good rumble!" Next thing I know I'm at cold and everything goes black....

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I lay in bed, staring at the ceiling, I thought to myself golly, am I bored, and as I looked around, I figured I would read another book as I have done over the few days I’ve been stuck in bed, but when I reached over for the books on the chair beside me, I remembered that Randy moved them to sit down when he came. I then looked over to find some other book, but found that books were everywhere, in piles, in stacks and just lying on the floor, anywhere I looked except near me. I sighed and then reached over for my pen and paper to draw, when I realized that Soda had put them over on the table when he tried to clean up the room and thought to myself, there has to be something to do other than stare at the ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As Jhonny and I walked to the park with a fountain spewing water in the middle and a kiddie pool to cool off after our fight. I heard and saw the blue mustang circling the parking lot slowly. "What do they want " said Jhonny and swore under his breath. I could see the five big Socs coming towards us, and by the look of it they were drunk. They outnumbered us. Jhonny was scared and i saw his hand go to his swithblade. As we backed toward thfountain the Socs started to surround us. I could smell the beer or whatever had got them drunk on their breath. I felt like vomiting. I hoped darry would come for us. The one called David was trying to grab me to drown in the fountain but I made a run for it.But he caught me, twisted my hands behind my back and dunked my head in the fountain, I had to hold my breath i'm going to die I thought. A red haze filled my eyes and the last thing I felt/heard before I blacked out was David releasing me and someone shouting...

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Charles - great description, how do you always write thing perfectly? Anyhow, what you wrote sounds just like what Ponyboy would think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Luna- Nice description. I liked the part where you wrote "a red haze". You had a couple of grammar issues but other that that it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Hanna- Yor visualization was a great one, just a few grammer mistakes like "asa" etc. GOOD JOB :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @LUNA- i just forgot to spce the words

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ugh I have been looking over my posts and this one was deleted by myself some how!?...


    !ETHAN HET OVER HERE!

    Katniss E.

    ReplyDelete
  13. from: me - !ETHAN HET OVER HERE!
    Correction- !ETHAN GET OVER HERE!

    ReplyDelete